© Crown Copyright Notice
Images from Highways England traffic cameras are Crown Copyright protected.
Highways England permits access to traffic camera images under Licence with authority delegated from the Controller of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office (HMSO). Licensees are required, amongst other things, to:
- credit the source of the images as being from Highways England traffic management cameras
- acknowledge the Crown Copyright status of the images
Additionally, some users will need to:
- pay the marginal direct costs incurred by Highways England in providing a connection to the telecommunications system and facilitating access to the images
- monitor, collect data and undertake customer research on the licensed service(s) - providing the results to Highways England for evaluation purposes. The Licensees’ data and reports shall be classified by Highways England as Commercial in Confidence.
Highways England routinely makes traffic camera images available to the following organisations:
- Statutory bodies and others who are Highways England’s operational partners.
- Independent traffic management control rooms.
- Corporate applicants who require traffic information for their own internal use (not involving exploitation of the images or copying to third parties).
- Travel information service developers or providers who need a licence granting exploitation rights including copying to third parties
For full information please refer to the Licensing Standard Terms and Conditions page.