A46 Newark Bypass
The A46 Newark Bypass is an important route connecting the M1 and Leicester to the A1 and central Lincolnshire. The A46 around Newark-on-Trent is the only remaining single carriageway section of this key strategic trunk road between the M1 junction 21 in Leicestershire and Lincoln.
The A46 Newark Bypass scheme is at an early stage of development, and we’re working to identify a solution that meets the needs of our customers.
The proposed scheme will improve capacity to address traffic congestion on the A46 around Newark-on-Trent.
This is a significant scheme which is expected to include:
- Improving the capacity of the single carriageway and junctions of the A46 at Newark; and,
- provide better links to the A1
The aims of the scheme are to:
- boost business productivity and economic growth by providing a more reliable road network and improved local access
- increase capacity, reduce delays and incidents, and improve journey times
- improve resilience on the network