We’ll be carrying out repairs to the carriageway by resurfacing areas of the road that have deteriorated. This work will improve safety at these locations by providing a smoother and safer road surface.
We will carry out this work weekdays and weekends overnight, when there are fewer vehicles on the road. During the day the road will be open as usual.
We will carry out this work overnight, starting on the northbound carriageway, then the M42 junction 10 southbound exit slip road and then the southbound side of the carriageway.
We will not close the northbound and southbound carriageways at the same time.
The diversion route for each of these closures is described below:
M42 Northbound Junction 9 to 10
- Exit the M42 Northbound via the exit slip for J9 and take the 2nd exit on the J9 Roundabout onto the A446
- Continue North along the A446 until reaching Bassett’s Pole Roundabout and take the 3rd exit onto the A38
- Head north and take the exit slip for the A5 Weeford Roundabout and then take the 4th exit onto the A5 Southbound
- Continue South on the A5 until reaching the M42 J10 Roundabout where the diversion ends
M42 Junction 10 Southbound Exit Slip Road
- Traffic to continue straight on M42 southbound
- Take the exit slip road onto M42 J9
- On the M42 Junction 9, take the 6th exit onto M42 Northbound
- Continue straight towards M42 J10
- Take the exit slip road onto M42 J10
M42 Southbound Junction 10 to 9
- From the Southbound exit slip for M42 J10, head onto the roundabout and take the 4th exit onto the A5 Northbound
- Continue North on the A5 until reaching the A5 Weeford roundabout and take the 2nd exit onto the A38 Southbound
- Drive Southwards to the Bassett’s Pole roundabout and take the 2nd exit onto the A446 Southbound
- Continue South until reaching the M42 J9 roundabout where the diversion ends
For more information about roadworks please check the roadworks planner