Works to include localised widening, improved signage, red light cameras, enhanced road markings and traffic signals upgrade to improve traffic flow and enhance customer satisfaction.
Works will include:
- upgrade the existing traffic signal timings around the junction
- adding an extra lane on the roundabout
- extending the A2 London bound exit slip onto the M25 link road
- improving road signs and markings on the roundabout
- installing a red traffic light enforcement camera on the M25 east bound off slip joining the A2
The works will take place in two phases:
Phase 1 – May 2018 to Christmas 2018
The works completed to date are:
- the retaining wall beneath the M25 northern overbridge has been completed
- two new overhead gantries on the northern half of the roundabout are erected with signing to being installed early in the new year
- pavement widening on the A2 London bound exit slip is complete
Phase 2 – January 2019 to Summer 2019
Phase 2 works will include:
- pavement widening of the northern gyratory to four lanes of traffic
- upgrading of the traffic signal controls and timing
- realignment of the road markings, installation of new traffic signs and environmental planting on the embankments and verges.
Works from January 2019 will take place during Monday to Friday overnight closures.
The Inner Ring (Lane 3) of the roundabout gyratory will be closed to allow for construction of an additional lane on the roundabout with Lanes 1 and 2 widened to allow for greater flexibility during the works.
For more information about roadworks, please check the Roadworks Finder.