Works to resurface and renew road markings, reflective road studs and high friction surfacing on four sections of the A64 near to York:
- Bilbrough Top eastbound
- Bilbrough Top westbound
- Hopgrove roundabout eastbound approach
- Hopgrove roundabout westbound approach
- While we are resurfacing at Bilbrough Top westbound, drivers should leave the A64 at Askham Bryan and head north on the A1237. The diversion will then route drivers along the A59 to the A1(M) at junction 47.
- When we are working on the eastbound approach to Hopgrove, drivers will be able to use the adjacent roundabout to re-join the A64.
- Drivers approaching Hopgrove from the east, will be diverted off the A64 westbound at Stockton-on-the-Forest when we are working on the westbound approach to Hopgrove. Drivers should follow the diversion which will use Towthorpe Moor Lane, Strensall Road and the A1237 to return to the A64 at Hopgrove.
We have completed work on the eastbound carriageway at Bilbrough Top and will be working on the westbound carriageway between Monday 4 and Wednesday 6 November 2019 (weather permitting). Once we have completed this work we will start work at Hopgrove. Work will alternate between eastbound and westbound and is expected to take around four weeks to complete.
We’ll need to close the road to carry out the works overnight. Clearly signed diversions will be in place.
For more information about roadworks, please check the Roadworks Calendar.