Carriageway works to repair the surface where it has deteriorated.
The works will take place overnight, when there are fewer vehicles on the road. During the day the road will be open as usual.
There will be a full closure of the A38 northbound between Branston junction and the Toyota junction (A50/A38) followed by a full closure of the A38 southbound between the A50 Toyota junction and the Claymills junction. Northbound and southbound carriageway closures will not take place at the same time.
Roadworks will be removed during the April and May bank holidays.
To find out more about roadworks, please use the Roadworks Finder.
- take the third exit at Branston roundabout towards A5121
- at the roundabout take the third exit to continue on A5121
- at the roundabout take the first exit towards B5017 shortly followed by taking the third exit at next roundabout to remain on B5017
- at the roundabout take the third exit and continue on B5017 then turn right onto A515
- at the next roundabout take second exit to continue on the A515
- at roundabout take the third exit towards the A50 and continue to A50 Toyota roundabout where the diversion ends
- take the third exit at the A50 Toyota roundabout towards A50
- take the first exit at the roundabout towards A515
- at the next roundabout take the second exit to continue on A515
- bear left onto the B5017 towards A38
- take the second exit at the roundabout to continue on B5017
- at the roundabout take the third exit towards A5121 and then the second exit towards Branston roundabout where the diversion ends