We will be undertaking essential maintenance on the A1(M) southbound carriageway between junction 17 and junction 16 to make sure that it continues to be safe for motorists to use.
Lane 1 of the A1(M) will be closed between Saturdays to Thursdays. There will be narrower than usual running lane widths during these works.
The A1(M) between junction 17 to junction 16 southbound will be closed overnight only on the following nights to enable the safe installation and removal of traffic management ensuring the safety of our workforce:
- Friday 11 May 2018 to Saturday 12 May 2018
- Thursday 17 May 2018 to Friday 18 May 2018
- Friday 18 May 2018 to Saturday 19 May 2018
- Thursday 24 May 2018 to Friday 25 May 2018
- Tuesday 29 May 2018 to Friday 1 June 2018
- Monday 4 June 2018 to Friday 8 June 2018
Junction 16 southbound off-slip road will be closed 24 hours a day for the first two weeks from Friday 11 May at 21:00 hours to Friday 25 May at 05:00 hours.
Junction 16 southbound on-slip will be closed overnight only from Friday 18 May at 21:00 hours until Saturday 19 May at 05:00 hours and Thursday 24 May from 21:00 hours overnight until Friday 25 May at 05:00 hours.
Approved diversion routes will be fully signposted.
For more information on roadworks, please check our Roadworks Finder.