Installation of traffic signals on the approaches to the A11 Fiveways roundabout from A11 north, A11 south and A1101 west.
Other works will also be carried out, which will include:
- the speed limit will be reduced to 40mph on the A11 southbound approach towards Newmarket.
- the speed limit will be reduced to 50 mph on the A11 north approach from Thetford.
- all road markings on the approaches to the round-about will be renewed.
- directional signs will be relocated.
- new signs will be added where required.
For more information about the scheme, please view our information leaflet.
Roadworks and closures
To reduce disruption to the local community during the works, we will use a mixture of lane closures with speed restrictions and full road closures. Traffic management will change depending on works taking place.
During the full closures, traffic will be diverted via the A134, A1088 and A143.
For more information on roadworks, please check the Roadworks Finder.