Installation of traffic signals on the approaches to the A11 Fiveways roundabout from A11 north, A11 south and A1101 west.
Other works will also be carried out, which will include:
- reducing the speed limit to 40mph on the A11 southbound carriageway towards Newmarket. This will help road users by giving them more time to react to the merging and slowing traffic.
- installation of enforcement facilities to enforce the new 40mph speed limit on the A11 southbound carriageway towards Newmarket.
- reducing the speed limit to 50mph on the A11 north approach from Thetford.
- renewing the road markings on the approaches to the roundabout. This will help to clarify which lane vehicles need to be in when approaching the roundabout.
- relocation of directional signs to give drivers more advanced notice and improve the visibility of the signs.
- adding new signs where required.
Public information exhibition
We will be holding a public information exhibition about this scheme on Monday 6 August 2018 between 11am and 6pm at the Jubilee Centre in Mildenhall – please come along to find out more about the scheme and ask any questions you may have.
Roadworks and closures
To reduce disruption to the local community during the works, we will use a mixture of lane closures with speed restrictions and full road closures. Traffic management will change depending on works taking place.
During the full closures, traffic will be diverted via the A134, A1088 and A143.
For more information on roadworks, please check the Roadworks Finder.