The following works will be carried out:
- road surface improvements
- vegetation clearance
- footway treatments
- refreshment of road markings and road studs
- installation of sign posts, traffic count loops and a vehicle restraint system
We are aware the affect traffic disruption has on our customers and the local community and will only be diverting traffic onto local roads when absolutely necessary. Where we do need to close the A1 and divert traffic, we closely consult with the local authority to agree the most appropriate route and timings.
There will be times on this scheme when no visible works are taking place. This is due to us having to wait for surfacing courses to finish cooling so that further work can take place.
The following road closures will be in place between overnight on weekdays only. We will also be implementing a northbound weekend closure between Friday 7 September and Monday 10 September to carry out excavation and carriageway repair works. Please view this Diversion routes document for more information:
- Northbound closure of the A1 between Sibson and A47 / A1 roundabout at Wansford from Wednesday 1 August to Friday 17 August and Wednesday 5 September to Tuesday 18 September (Diagram A)
- Northbound closure of the A1 between A47 / A1 roundabout at Wansford and the A1 / A43 at Stamford from Monday 20 August to Tuesday 4 September (Diagram B)
- Southbound closure of the A1 between A1 / A43 at Stamford and the A47 / A1 roundabout at Wansford from Wednesday 5 September to Friday 14 September (Diagram C)
- Southbound closure of the A1 between A47 / A1 roundabout at Wansford and A1(M) J17 from Thursday 30 August to Wednesday 26 September (Diagram D)
Please note: dates and times are subject to change. Please check the Roadworks Finder for more details.