M20 - Operation Brock
The M20 carriageway is operating a contraflow system under Operation Brock to help manage traffic heading to the cross-channel ports and Eurotunnel.
- All Eurotunnel freight that is bound for Europe is using the M20 and is directed into the holding area via Junction 8
- Untested freight and/or those not border ready entering junction 8 towards 9 will be directed to the relevant lane which is:
- the Red lane (Lane 1) for non-tested and non-border ready freight which will be directed to the Sevington Inland Border Facility for testing
- the Green lane (lane 2) for freight traffic not requiring a test and who are border ready will be directed to use Green lane (lane 2) to go direct to Eurotunnel
- All Port-of-Dover freight that is Europe-bound is now instructed to use the A2, M2 and A299 route to Manston Airport (postcode CT12 5BQ). Untested freight and those not border ready entering Manston Airport will be directed to the relevant area for testing. Any Europe bound freight traffic not requiring a test who are border ready will be directed to the Port of Dover from Manston Airport
- All other Europe-bound traffic undertaking essential and legally permitted journeys via either Eurotunnel or the Port of Dover can continue to use either the M20/A20 via the contra-flow lanes (for Eurotunnel and the Port of Dover) or the M2/A2 (for the Port of Dover only). For the latest international travel advice and requirements please refer to the UK government website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
All road users making essential journeys locally in the Kent area are able to use the M20 in both directions utilising the Operation Brock traffic management layout.
Please allow extra journey time as there is the potential for disruption in the region.
Further traffic information for the motorways and major A-roads in England is available on our Traffic England website or via our free Travel Apps (available through the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store). Alternatively our 24/7 contact centre team can provide up to the minute traffic and travel information for the motorways and major A-roads in England on 0300 123 5000.
Further advice on travel to Europe is available at www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
Further information about Operation Brock can be found here: https://highwaysengland.co.uk/our-work/south-east/m20-junction-8-to-9-moveable-barrier