Highways England has fully committed to adherence of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) following implementation on 25 May 2018. In relation to our collection and processing of personal data, please see the below information.
Section 1 – Collection of Data
1) Highways England will be the data controller and the contact details for the company are:
a) Data Protection Officer: Graham Woodhouse
2) The data is being collected solely to administer the query or information that you have contacted us about. This will only include your name and the reply email address/telephone number that you provide to us in your contact.
3) Collected data will stored within the company’s secure electronic records management systems.
4) Your data will only be processed with your consent. Consent may be withdrawn at a later date by contacting us.
Section 2 – Processing of data
In addition to the information referred to in section 1, at the point of collection we will, at the time personal data is obtained, provide you with the following further information necessary to ensure fair and transparent processing:
1) The personal data will be stored for the duration of administering your query, unless you contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
2) Under GDPR you have rights to request information from the company:
- Right of access to the data (Subject Access Request)
- Right for the rectification of errors
- Right to erasure of personal data – not an absolute right
- Right to restrict of processing or to object to processing
- The right to data portability
3) You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (in the UK that is the Information Commissioners Office).
4) If we are to process the personal data we hold for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected then we’ll provide you with information about what that other purpose is prior to that further processing taking place. The extra information will include any relevant further information as referred to above, including the right to object to that further processing.
Electronic surveys and personal information
We occasionally ask users for feedback and opinions, sometimes in conjunction with our contractors. The information you provide will be kept in a secure environment only accessible by Highways England and the specific contractor(s) working with us on the project.
The information you submit will only be used for the purpose specified. Your personal information will not be shared with any other individuals or organisations unless otherwise stated.
The website and material relating to Government information, products and services (or to third-party information, products and services) is provided ‘as is’, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Highways England web site.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We’re not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked websites and we do not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
© Crown copyright, 2016.
You may use and re-use the information featured on this website (not including logos) free of charge in any format or medium, under the terms of the Open Government Licence.
We encourage users to establish hypertext links to this website.
Any enquiries regarding the use and re-use of this information resource should be sent to our Information Line: