Summer driving advice
When the weather’s hot it’s important to make sure you’re fully prepared for your journey.
Before setting out, make sure that you can stay safe, especially in any unforeseen delays by:
- taking plenty of cold water with you before heading out on longer journeys – enough for you and all of your passengers
- planning breaks and leaving plenty of time for journeys
- checking the weather forecast for your destination
- checking travel conditions before setting out and, where it's safe to do so, during journeys
- ensuring you and your car are fit for the journey
Simple checks on tyres, fuel and oil levels help prevent breakdowns. For information on how to carry out your vehicle checks, visit our page 'How to check your vehicle'.