Following on from February's newsletter, underground utility cables and pipes need to be diverted before we can progress our work further. Weâ€™re aiming to have all utility diversion work to be completed by the end of April 2020.This has had a substantial knock on effect that has required the programme to be altered.
The revised programme is as follows:
- Fleetwood Road South, northern section (phase 2) - closures will be in place from 14 March to 2 April, and from 7 to 14 May 2020
- Fleetwood Road South, southern section (phase 1) - closures will be in place from 26 March to 8 April
- Norcross Lane (phase 3) â€“ closures will be in place from 14 April to 6 May 2020
- Amounderness Way (phase 4) â€“ overnight temporary two-way traffic lights will be in place from mid-March to early June 2020
Our aim is to have all work finished by early June 2020.
Weâ€™re currently undertaking work on Norcross Lane (phase 3). During these works, a 24-hour closure of Norcross Lane will be in place. In addition to this, overnight closures are also required to the junctions of Fleetwood Road South (both approaches).
The A585 Amounderness Way will remain open at all times, however temporary traffic lights are required until the end of the scheme. The traffic lights will only be used between 8pm and 6am.
|July 2019 to September 2019||Preliminary work|
|August to October 2019||First phase of main construction work|
|October 2019 to December 2019||Second phase of main construction work|
|January 2020 to March 2020||Third phase of main construction work|
|March 2020||Fourth phase of main construction work|
Why we need this scheme
The A585 Norcross roundabout scheme supports a much wider strategy to resolve congestion in the area and improve the experience for our customers using the network. The scheme will also benefit pedestrians and cyclists who will be able to use new controlled crossing facilities to navigate their way around the junction.
We aim to:
- support the delivery of the economic and housing strategies of the three local councils of Wyre, Fylde and Blackpool
- alleviate congestion and improve customer journey time
- improve safety and connectivity for pedestrians and cyclists
Roadworks and Events for England
The latest incident information for England's motorway and trunk routes provided by Highways England
Breaking News: Traffic Information
The latest current breaking news items for England's motorway network