The scheme is currently under review and a further update will be provided soon.
The Report on Public Consultation has been published.
A further update will be provided soon.
Why we need this schemeThe Worthing and Lancing section of the A27 lacks road and junction capacity. As a result it suffers from congestion, particularly at Grove Lodge, Durrington Cemetery and Lyons Way. Planned growth along the wider A27 corridor is likely to worsen the problem. The Worthing and Lancing improvement scheme aims to improve the capacity of the road and junctions along the stretch of single carriageway in Worthing and the narrow dual carriageway in Lancing. The extent and scale of the improvements, including the option of fully dualling, are to be determined.
AimsThe objectives for the scheme are to:
- reduce congestion on the Worthing-Lancing section of the A27
- manage the impact of planned growth and support the wider economy
- minimise impacts on and where possible seek opportunities for enhancing the environment
- provide safer roads and more reliable journeys by reducing travel delays
- improve accessibility for all users
Project media files and documents
Roadworks and Events for England
The latest incident information for England's motorway and trunk routes provided by Highways England
Breaking News: Traffic Information
The latest current breaking news items for England's motorway network