Highways England is looking to engage with companies of all sizes who might be interested in working on the Lower Thames Crossing project.
We want all interested suppliers to be well prepared as we invite and assess tenders for major contracts and bidders begin forming their supply chains.
Can I get involved even if I’m a small or local business?
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) play a key role in developing the national economy and local communities. We want to ensure SMEs and local businesses play a key part in the project’s supply chain and this is in line with the Government’s aspiration of ensuring 30% of all procurement spend is with SMEs.
The first stages of the procurement process focuses on Tier one entities. A Tier one is a large multidiscipline organisation that can manage and deliver big projects. Opportunities will follow for SMEs to bid for work on the project through these Tier one's. We have set up a few things SMEs can do to keep up to date and maximise their opportunities to win work on the Lower Thames Crossing.
- You can add your business to the project’s SME directory, which will be used by Tier 1 contractors to build their supply chains.
- Build your skills and knowledge with free training from the Supply Chain Sustainability School.
- You can also register your interest and keep up to date with procurement processes through the Highways England procurement portal, Bravo. Refer to the details to the right of this page for the link and instructions for use.
- Keep an eye on our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages for other updates and opportunities.
How do I register my interest to work on the Lower Thames Crossing?
Follow the steps below to register:
Visit the Bravo portal and click ‘Register‘ (on the far right)
Enter your business details, take note of the username you choose, and click ‘Save’ when complete
- Once you reach a page titled Categories, you can leave the site and you will receive an email with your password
Log into the Bravo portal with your new username and password
Click on ‘ITTs Open to All Suppliers’ (Invitations to Tender) and select the ITT you want to express interest in, or you can select ITT 4336 – General Information
- You will be able to read documents and information in your area of interest
Click the ‘Express Interest’ button to register your interest
- This will move the ITT into the ‘My ITTs’ page where you can also access ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ITT Details box
If you have any technical issues or questions about using the Bravo portal, please contact Bravo:
- Phone: 0800 069 8630
- Email: email@example.com