East - Maintenance schemes
Maintenance schemes taking place in the East region.
The latest maintenance schemes that will be running in this area can be found below in the 'Project information area'.
You can more details about the maintenance schemes taking place in the East below:
We will be carrying out essential maintenance works on the A11 between Thetford and Croxton. This work will include resurfacing, renewing faded road markings and replacing damaged safety barrier, signing and road studs.
Phase 1: A11/A1066/ A134 roundabout to A11/ A1075 roundabout in both direction
Starting Monday 7 September to Friday 16 October (6 weeks):
- Southbound traffic will be diverted via the A1075 and the A1066 before re-joining the A11 at the A1066 roundabout.
- Northbound traffic will travel the same diversion route but in reverse.
Phase 2: A11/ London road roundabout to A11/ A134 roundabout northbound only
Starting Monday 19 October to Friday 23 October (5 nights)
Northbound traffic will be diverted via the A1065 at Mildenhall and continue along the A1065 until Mundford, then onto the A134 to re-join the A11 at Thetford.
The essential maintenance work is to take place over four weeks from Monday 27 July to Friday 21 August, between the hours of 8pm to 6am on weeknights.
There will also be two weekend closures for resurfacing work, on Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 August as well as Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 August.
We will be carrying out essential maintenance works. During this work we will also be replacing signs, faded road markings and studs.
We will be working at:
- A47 westbound Blofield to Cucumber Lane roundabout, starting Thursday 6 August to Friday 7 August
- A47 eastbound between Cucumber Lane and Blofield, starting Thursday 6 August to Friday 7 August
- A47 eastbound between Cucumber Lane and Blofield, lane 1 closure only with the Blofield exit slip closed, starting Monday 10 August to Friday 14 August
- A47 westbound between Cucumber Lane and Postwick, starting Monday 10 August to Tuesday 11 August
- A47 westbound entry and exit slip roads at Postwick, starting Wednesday 12 August to Thursday 13 August
We will be carrying out maintenance works on the A47 between Chapel Lane and Redmoor roundabout to improve the surfacing of the carriageway.
The works will take place on Monday 22 June to Wednesday 24 June working between the hours of 8pm and 6am, subject to weather conditions.
The closure point will be located on the A47 between Guyhirn roundabout and Redmoor roundabout.
Northbound traffic will be diverted via the A47 / Guyhirn roundabout onto the A141 / March Road and Wisbech Road, along the B1099 / Wisbech Road and Dartford Road, to the B1101 / Station Road, Elm Road and High Road and onto the A1101 / Elm High Road before re-joining the A47 at the Elm High Road / A47 roundabout.
Southbound traffic will be diverted via the A1101 / Elm High Road, onto the B1101 / High Road, Elm Road and Station Road, along the B1099 / Dartford Road and Wisbech Road, to the A141 / Wisbech Road and March Road before re-joining the A47 at Guyhirn roundabout.
We will carry out works start to renew the road markings between M1 junction 8 to junction 9 from Monday 13 July to Friday 7 August. These works will be carried out under lane closures and split into the following phases:
- M1 junction 6a to junction 8 lane closures (Monday 13 July to Friday 24 July)
- M1 junction 8 to junction 9 lane closures (Monday 27 July to Friday 7 August)
There may be a requirement to close the northbound exit or entry slips at junction 6a, junction 8 or junction and junction 9. If this is the case, traffic will be diverted to the next junction on the M1 and back down again.
We are commencing works to replace bridge joints at the M11 Frogge Street Bridge. The works will be completed between Thursday 16 July and Monday 27 July working between 9pm and 5am on week days and 24/7 on both weekends.
These works will be split into the following phases:
- M11 southbound between junction 9a and junction 9 full closure (Thursday July 16 overnight, and then Friday 17 July to Monday 20 July, 24/7 closure)
Traffic will be diverted along the M11 towards junction 10, exiting at the A505 junction and continuing on the A505, before joining the A11.
- M11 northbound between junction 9 and junction 9a full closure (Thursday July 23 overnight, and then Friday July 24 to Monday 27 July, 24/7 closure)
Traffic will be diverted along the A11, exiting on to the A505 junction and continuing on the A505, before joining the M11 at junction 10.
Maintenance works to include:
- renewal of road markings at junctions 9 Newport Pagnell and A11 Four Went Ways interchange
- safety barrier renewals M11 junctions 9 to 10
- electrical works A11
- noise fencing repairs at junction 9 to 8 Wendens Ambo
Essex County Council are creating a new junction on the M11 to ease congestion and support economic and housing growth in Harlow and the surrounding area. The main construction is due to start in summer 2020. More information can be found on Essex County Council’s website.