Consultation on updated plans for the Lower Thames Crossing to begin next week.
A consultation on updated plans for the new Lower Thames Crossing will start next week. The ten-week consultation will start on Wednesday 10 October and run until Thursday 20 December.
Some 47,000 people had their say in the previous consultation on the proposals – a record for a UK road scheme. We will be seeking your views on an updated, more detailed design which will maximise the project’s huge benefits connecting Essex, Thurrock and Kent.
The Lower Thames Crossing will ease pressure on the existing Dartford Crossing and will add extra resilience to the road network. The updated plans also include significant changes to minimise the impact on local communities and the environment.
There will be 25 public information events; being held across Kent, Thurrock and Essex, and our mobile information van will visit 30 locations to help people understand more about the proposals and put any questions directly to the project team. At each event, specialists will be on hand to explain the proposed route, how it would be built and operated, and how Highways England plan to minimise the impact on the local environment and community. All information will also be available online.
More information about the consultation can be found at: www.lowerthamescrossing.co.uk/haveyoursay
Details of the public information events are as follows:
- Orsett Hall Hotel, Prince Charles Avenue, Orsett, RM16 3HS on Tuesday 16 October from 2pm to 9pm
- Bluewater Shopping Centre, Bluewater Parkway, Greenhithe, DA9 9ST, on Saturday 20 October from 9am to 9pm, and Sunday 21 October from 11am to 5pm
- Chalk Parish Hall, Pirrip Close, Gravesend, DA12 2ND, on Monday 22 October from 2pm to 9pm
- Mick Jagger Centre, Shepherds Lane, Dartford, DA1 2JZ, on Tuesday 23 October from 2pm to 9pm
- West Horndon Village Hall, Thorndon Avenue, West Horndon, CM13 3TP on Wednesday 24 October from 2pm to 9pm
- Lakeside Shopping Centre, West Thurrock Way, Grays, RM20 2ZP on Saturday 27 October from 9am to 9pm, and on Sunday 28 October from 11am to 5pm
- Tilbury Community Association, Civic Square, Yilbury, RM18 8AA on Tuesday 30 October from 2pm to 9pm
- Cascades Leisure Centre, Thong Lane, Gravesend, DA12 4LG, on Thursday 1 November, from 2pm to 9pm
- Shorne Village Hall, 16 The Street, Shorne, DA12 3EA, on Saturday 3 November from midday to 6pm
- Civic Hall, Blackshots Lane, Grays, RM16 2JU on Tuesday 6 November from 2pm to 9pm
- Linford Methodist Church, East Tilbury Road, Linford, SS17 0QQ on Wednesday 14 November from 2pm to 9pm
- Brandon Groves Community Club, Brandon Groves Avenue, South Ockendon, RM15 6TD on Friday 16 November from 2pm to 9pm
- The New Windmill Hotel, St Mary’s Lane, Upminster, RM14 2QH on Saturday 17 November from midday to 6pm
- Holiday Inn Basildon, Cranes Farm Road, Waterfront Walk, Festival Leisure Park, Basildon, SS14 3DG on Monday 19 November from 2pm to 9pm
- Gravesham Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend, DA12 1AU, on Wednesday 21 November from 2pm to 9pm
- St Mary Magdalene Church, Church Lane, Upminster, RM14 3QH on Thursday 22 November from 2pm to 9pm
- Holiday Inn Brentwood M25 junction 28, Brooke Street, Brentwood, CM14 5NF on Wednesday 28 November from 2pm to 9pm
- Havering Town Hall, Main Road, Romford, RM1 3BD on Friday 30 November from 2pm to 9pm
- Doubletree Dartford Bridge, Masthead Close, Crossways Business Park, Dartfrod, DA2 6QF, on Monday 3 December from 2pm to 9pm
- Dover Town Hall, Biggin Street, Dover, CT16 1DL, on Tuesday 4 December, from 2pm to 9pm
- Rochester Corn Exchange, Northgate, Rochester, ME1 1LS, on Wednesday 5 December, from 2pm to 9pm
- Chadwell Village Hall, Waterson Road, Chadwell St Mary, RM16 4NX on Friday 7 December from 2pm to 9pm