General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) privacy notice
Highways England has fully committed to adherence of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) following implementation on the 25th May 2018. In relation to our collection and processing of personal data, please see the below information.
Section 1 – Collection of Data
- 1) Highways England will be the data controller and the contact details for the company are:
- Data Protection Officer: Graham Woodhouse
- E-mail: DataProtectionAdvice@highwaysengland.co.uk
- The data is being collected solely to administer the query or information that you have contacted us regarding. This will only include your name and the reply email address/telephone number that you provide to us in your contact
- Collected data will be stored within the company’s secure electronic records management systems
- Your data will only be processed with your consent. Consent may be withdrawn at a later date by contacting us
Section 2 – Processing of data In addition to the information
In addition to the information referred to in section 1, at the point of collection we will, at the time personal data is obtained, provide you with the following further information necessary to ensure fair and transparent processing:
- The personal data will be stored for the duration of administering your query, unless you contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
- Under GDPR you have rights to request information from the company
- Right of access to the data (Subject Access Request)
- Right for the rectification of errors
- Right to erasure of personal data – not an absolute right
- Right to restrict of processing or to object to processing
- the right to data portability;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (in the UK that is the Information Commissioners Office).
- If we are to process the personal data we hold for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected then we will provide the you with information on what that other purpose is prior to that further processing taking place. The extra information will include any relevant further information as referred to above including the right to object to that further processing.