Celebrating excellence in safety, customer and delivery
We are delighted to announce the finalists for the Highways England Awards
Thank you to all who entered the Highways England Awards. Here are the shortlisted entrants for this year’s awards. All shortlisted entrants are invited to join us at the awards ceremony on 28 March 2019, where the winners will be announced.
Each entry has been allocated a maximum of five seats. The organiser of the nomination has been asked to manage the group who will attend. Attendance is by invitation only.
During the afternoon of the 28 March we are holding an Expo for the shortlisted companies to showcase their entry.
This is a networking opportunity for everyone who has taken part to gain insight into the competitive entries. Finalists are invited to take part in the Expo, there are 30 small spaces which will be allocated on a first come first served basis. We are providing a backdrop which will be branded and highlight your entry title and a poseur table which is suitable for a laptop if you wish to bring one. The space allocated is limited so we cannot accept any other exhibition kit.
- Deadline for accepting the invitation to attend is 11 February.
- Deadline to take part in the Expo is 11 February.
- Dress code is business.
All details regarding the above are listed in the email communication sent to you on Monday 4 February.
The timing for the evening
- 16:00 – Guests arrive, networking and the opportunity to find out about the finalist entries in the Expo
- 17:30 – Buffet
- 18:45 – Welcome and Awards
- 20:00 – Break
- 20:20 – Awards continue
- 21:00 – Thanks and close
If you have any questions email HEAwards@highwaysengland.co.uk
What’s next ?
Highways England members of staff
You will be asked to provide a short video summarising your entry. You will be contacted by Aidan Taylor, Film and Photography Manager to arrange this.
Aidan’s Mobile 07770 855997
For all non-Highways England finalists
You will be expected to supply a short video – this video will be shown at the event before the award winner is announced. Here are a few tips to assist you with creating your video for this year’s awards.
- State your name, company name, collaborative partners and the name of your entry.
- You only have 20 seconds so please keep things concise.
- Use landscape/horizontal format, composing to include space above your head and at least down to your chest. This will allow us to add titles, and to ensure consistency with every other clip. Portrait/vertical clips will not be accepted.
- Include two seconds of silence before you start talking and two seconds after you finish, allowing space for editing together in a sequence.
- Look straight into the camera lens throughout the piece, and make sure you have an uncluttered background.
- Use an external microphone if possible and keep sound levels crisp and clear.
- Please make sure you’re not disturbed and all phones are turned off during filming.
- Don’t read off a script or prompt boards – it is only 20 seconds after all!
- Please also send two or three good quality images (or a short film clip) to give your project context. These must be landscape format and at least 1920×1080 resolution. Don’t worry about adding these to the clip, as we will be doing the editing.
If you have any other questions please contact Andy Beazley-Long on 0300 470 1032 or 07786864187.