The following work and closures are planned over the next week:
Please be aware that we’re currently having technical problems with this page and we are working to fix this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, details of closures for the week commencing 24 June can be found here. The information below is correct until 5am Monday 24 June.
To minimise the impact of this work, we’re:
- Where possible, maintaining the current number of traffic lanes by narrowing the existing lanes to gain the space needed to carry out work.
- Where possible, carrying out work overnight, when the roads are less busy.
Diversions have been agreed with Cambridgeshire County Council and will be clearly signposted.
Narrow lanes will remain in place for the duration of construction:
- on the eastbound A428 between Madingley and Girton.
- in both directions on the A1 between Buckden and Alconbury.
- in both directions of the A14 between Dry Drayton and Swavesey.
A 40mph speed limit is in place through these sections for your safety.
Diversion route maps
- Diversion for A1 closures between Brampton and Alconbury
- Diversion for A1 closures between Buckden to Brampton Hut
- Diversion for A14 closures between St Ives and Girton
- Diversion for A14 closure between Girton and Nine Mile Hill
- Diversion for A14 closures between Histon and Stow Cum Quy
- Diversion for A428 closures between Caxton Gibbet and Girton