A47 Guyhirn junction
We’re improving the A47 Guyhirn junction by increasing the size of the roundabout to ease congestion and cope with increasing traffic levels.
The current A47/A141 Guyhirn junction experiences heavy congestion during peak hours due to the lack of lane space and poor visibility on the roads as drivers approach the roundabout. The current lack of capacity will be made worse by 2031 due to proposed employment and housing developments in the area.
Our proposal for the Guyhirn junction aims to increase the size of the roundabout by widening the existing carriageway on the River Nene Bridge to accommodate an additional lane of traffic.
With this scheme, we’re aiming to:
• improve safety and reduce collisions
• support future employment and housing developments
• increase capacity at the junctions and improve traffic flow
• reduce delays and make journey times more reliable
• improve connectivity for local people living and working near the scheme
• improve amenities for cyclists and pedestrians